Monday, December 19, 2005

Why would I want to start a blog?

That's the question my lovely and talented bride asked me over the weekend when I announced I planned to start this. I really didn't have a good answer then and still don't. This may end up like a number of other blogs that were started over the past few years and have come grinding to a halt about the time I got used to checking in. I've seen where nasty and questionable responses to postings on others blogs prompted the bloggers to consider pulling the plug on the efforts. I find it interesting that so many people are willing to be vile in their postings when they can hide behind the cloak of anonymity and cower at the mere thought of attaching a name to their rantings. Will I have anything worthwhile to say on this blog? Probably not. Will surfers visit this blogsite? Probably not. Will I keep up the effort anyway? That remains to be seen. Check in and find out.

4 Comments:

Blogger Michael Roy Hollihan said...

Saw the note on Jamey's blog. Welcome to the fray! I wish you well.

Be prepared for all the slings and arrows. They will come. As for the anonymous cowards, just let 'em go. If they can't be bothered, why should you?

On the other hand, there are lots of unexpected pluses to blogging, like reconnecting with lost friends. Or finding out who reads your blog.

11:12 PM  
Blogger Michael Roy Hollihan said...

Oh! You are now officially invited to the bloggers bash, Wednesday the 21st. See my blog for details.

11:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm looking forward to this. I'll put up a link on the rusted sun films blog. Be sure to "stay Joe." Brutal honesty is always funny.

8:39 AM  
Blogger Joe Larkins said...

I appreciate the words of encouragement. I will do my best to make you proud.
Regards,
Joe

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home