Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Okay, now I’m stuck with a loaf of bread and gallon of milk.

I saw snowflakes falling and the first thought that flashed through my mind was: It’s WEATHERGASM time! I was planning to tune in to the local snooze to see how this weather event was being treated but a phone call concerning family matters derailed my train of thought. Did anybody cover the salt trucks to see them standing by to be called into action? Did anybody cover the grocery stores to see if they had started filling up with people buying bread and milk? Did anybody talk to school kids or the highway patrol or the highway department about anything involving snow? See, this is what happens when you miss the news. Questions go unanswered, chaos and anarchy ensue, lambs lie down with lions, we beat swords into plowshares and dead voters cast ballots. Oh wait a minute that last one happened already in Memphis. Anyway, I'm going to be really disappointed if we didn't have at least one road report on what the snow was doing to traffic. Come on folks, you've got to try harder.



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh! I miss weathergasms...NOT!

11:03 AM  
Blogger Michael Roy Hollihan said...

I was in Schnuck's Monday lunchtime and it was incredibly busy. Made me wonder what was going on. Then I heard a cashier talking about "they're saying snow later today" and it was suddenly clear.... ;-)

10:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was not a big deal. There were no need to go to the store. The weather guys in the Memphis hit it on the stone. They said no accumulation and that what happen. It was pretty to see, but it was not going to stay around.

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home