Thursday, February 09, 2006

Newsweek is making me crazy!

I know, I know, it's not Newsweek that made me this way. My beef is about how the writers have to couch everything and I mean everything when it comes to people speaking to them off the record in various forms. Don't get me wrong, I know you need to have off-the-record sources on some stories and to get some information. But they qualify EVERY off the record source with something like ..."Capitol Hill officials ( who declined to be indentified because the session was private)" or "A Justice Department official, who asked not to be identified because of the sensitive subject". Both of these were in the same half page story. Almost every story on something in Washington, D.C. has something similar in it. It just seems overkill after a while. Just an observation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home