Thursday, May 11, 2006

What were they thinking on this weather promo and this traffic report!

Occasionally you will see on television reasons why oversight is needed in some departments. I credit my good friend and former co-worker Jack with pointing out this rather bizarre weather promo last weekend when I visited him in Knoxville. Jack is a certified meterologist and knows plenty about what makes weather work. He told me when he first ran across the promo, he thought it was a joke. The promo has since been featured on the Daily Show with Jon Stewart and on countless blogs and chatrooms. It's from Terre Haute and has one station belittling another station's Doppler radar. Unless the station has taken it down, I think you can view it at www.wtwo.com/dopplerdeadzone/spot.asp.
I also credit Jack with sending another tidbit my way. It's a young woman "rapping" the morning traffic report in North Carolina. This woman provides a great reason for spelling out general guidelines for on-air people. She makes a good case on why some people shouldn't attempt to rap.
Check it out at www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rhge2CCzhc.
If you can get through both of these without laughing or your jaw dropping, you are a better person than I am.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think the weather promo is great. it gets to the point and is accurate about Doppler Dead Zones et al. i think it looks awesome considering the market size.
G

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home