Sunday, July 30, 2006

Keep a former employee from down on the river in your thoughts and prayers

I saw in the CA that Nancy Sawtelle Hayslip of Bartlett died this past week. She is the mother of former NC3 anchor and reporter Steve Hayslip who now anchors the morning show at WTVF in Nashville and reports for them as well.
For those of you who know Steve then you know he is a class act as is his dad, Jimmy who used to work for the county school system. I really didn't know anything about Mrs. Hayslip but if Steve is a reflection of her then she must have been a great lady. I understand she died after a battle with cancer and having lost my father earlier this year to cancer I can appreciate what the family has gone through. Keep them in your thoughts.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is truly sad news. Steve Hayslip is one of the hardest working and most genuine anchors I ever worked with. It was sad to lose him to the Nashville market several years ago. I feel for him and his family while they're going through this difficult time.

6:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers go out to Steve, one of the nicest and hardest working people I know. He's a great guy with a wonderful family and I know this is a difficult time for them.

8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe, Thanks for the opportunity to say I am sorry about Steve's Mom.
Steve was indeed genuine and sincere about his work. On occasions watching him work with Director Burgess on interviews, he was always the consummate Professional and a Gentleman. "The apple does not fall far from the tree."
Again, I am very sorry about Steve's loss and pray for his family.
.......JD

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve is a true gentleman, which is rare in this business or any other. He prbably learned this from his parents. His father is also a true gentleman. I never met his mother, but based on those who were close to her, she must have been a wonderful woman. My thoughts and payers go out to Steve an his family at this difficult time.

John Donnelly

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home