Sunday, September 10, 2006

The 5th Year Anniversary

Wow, it's been five years. At times it seems like it was only last week and other times it seems it's been more than five years. Somewhere around the house I have on videotape a special produced by one of the network news divisions one year after the attacks. I've never been able to watch it nor have I any interest in any of the films produced about the attacks or even the so called "mock-u-drama" that has caused such a ruckus on ABC. I frequently think about how life has changed for people in the U-S and around the world since the terrorist attacks. I wonder sometimes if the entire world hasn't gone insane. I worry about the future my sons, my daughter-in-law and my granddaughter face. You hope it gets better but what I'm seeing on the horizon doesn't look very promising.
However to give up is to give in and I'm nowhere close to giving up. So far I've been fortunate. I did not lose a relative in the terror attacks and I've not lost a family member in the war against terror.
Monday morning I plan to observe a moment of silence in honor of those who have died. And while I'm not a religous man, I will also say a prayer as well not only for those who have died but for the world as well. These days I think we need all the help we can get.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home