Thursday, January 19, 2006

Nice digs at the station on Union Avenue


There’s nothing like stepping into somebody’s newsroom to start the rumor mill. I had been curious about the upgraded facilities at AN5 since Peggy first posted on them last year. I was in the building on business and was given the opportunity for a tour. I couldn’t resist. I will admit, I had never been inside the building prior to the upgrade but I had heard stories about it. It’s really nicely laid out and it seems like a lot of thought has gone into it. A newsroom designed by news people. It’s safe to say there were a lot of people who were surprised to see me. Some were just surprised to see that I had shaved the beard. I ran into some former coworkers who had crossed over. One of the most interesting things I saw was on the elevator. There are three floors in the building and a button to each floor. But on this elevator, it’s 1, 2 and 5. There’s no 3 in this building. I’m still chuckling about it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the 2 or 3 times I've been to 1960 Union, it's freaked me out that you need an ID badge to run the elevator.

Must be hell for employees who forget it or leave it at home.

7:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So now the rumor has it that you're making the move...Comments???

'D'

9:51 AM  
Blogger Joe Larkins said...

Sorry I haven't gotten back to this, but I was out of town and not on my computer. To my knowledge I'm not making a move across town and will be glad to tell you if I do make such a move.
And again I ask that if anyone wants to post, you don't have to be ugly about it. For the first time since I've been blogging, I've removed a post. So far, everyone has played nice. Lets keep it that way.

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home