Monday, January 02, 2006

Someone has broken into our house and taken up the waists on my slacks.


I’m not sure when it happened but someone must have slipped in while we were out enjoying Christmas celebrations and either washed all of my slacks in hot water causing them to draw up or actually taken up the waists on those same slacks. They all seem to be a bit more snug that I remember.

That of course didn’t stop me from enjoying the traditional black-eyed peas and cornbread on New Year’s Day. Let the good luck roll on in.

I actually thought that during my past year I would spend more time getting fit, but I guess unless you have the discipline you really have to be on a schedule. I was, going for a morning walk, at least during the first part of the year. That routine tapered off when the weather got hot. It looks like I’ll be back on track in a big way now, starting with a little “pushback” from the table. A good friend and former co-worker who lives in Atlanta managed to shed a lot of weight by simply watching what he ate, and working out each day. Last time I saw “Snoop Dougie Doug”, he looked pretty good. I also met a guy at a New Year’s Eve “Eve” party and he was telling me about running in this year’s marathon. He just about has me convinced that I could be running a half marathon by next year. I know it’s easy to talk about exercising when you have a flute of champagne in one hand and chips and dip in the other. But, the way I look at it, it’s kind of like when I quit smoking almost ten years ago. Sometimes you just have to say you are going to do it and then DO IT. We’ll see how this goes. Maybe I can put a “pound o’meter” on my blog site to help keep track of things.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of getting fit, you should've mentioned that you saw a "fine" former WREG-TV producer running in this year's St. Jude Marathon. You kinda scared me, though, when I saw you and Bethany sitting out in front of your home. I thought you were "Forrest Gump" with all that hair on your face! Lots of love to you bro!

9:12 AM  
Blogger Joe Larkins said...

June, glad to know you finally got both hands out of the casts so you could finally type or call. I've been worried sick about that. I assume you finished the race and didn't divert to some bar.
Good hearing from you.

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just so you know, I did pick up about 6 pounds between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I'm desperately trying to drop them before my next doctor visit in February. But -- I STILL look good. Thanks for the mention.

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home