Friday, March 17, 2006

Basketball, basketball, and more basketball

I guess I'm going to have to put my wife's picture on a milk carton. This is the time of year I don't see her much because of NCAA's March Madness. Don't get me wrong, I like college basketball. She LOVES basketball. Right now, she thinks she's died and gone to heaven as she purchased the college basketball package from Direct TV which allows her to watch three games at once on one screen and then punch up the most interesting game if she so desires. It would have been much more interesting to me in the initial round of this tournament if Vanderbilt (her alma mater) or Western Kentucky (my alma mater) were playing but they both ended up getting knocked out of the NIT in the first round. Bethany is a big Gonzaga fan and wears her Bulldogs T-shirt whenever they play except she says she's pulling for Memphis all the time since they are the hometown team. We also are big Kentucky fans but the Cats don't have much to brag about this year. She also pulls for the Cinderella teams. Like I said, she loved basketball. Her shouts and admonishments at the players and coaches Thursday night eventually sent me to the other end of the house to catch up on some reading. I know better than to plan any serious outing during the roundball days of March. But we will take a break from college basketball on TV tonight to see professional basketball in person. We were invited more than a month ago to see the Memphis Grizzlies at the Fed Ex Forum. This is the first time we will have seen the Griz play this year. I'm looking forward to it but I will miss being able to Tivo the action.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You and the lovely wife can feel free to root for your old pal's alma mater, THE Ohio State University. I mean, after all, they've got some probation coming up after this year.

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home