Sunday, March 05, 2006

I need help finding the name of a song

Help. I've seen a TV commercial and I can't get the music out of my head, plus I can't identify the song. It features some kids at a birthday party. There's a clown eating cake and no one is riding his horse. Instead, the kids are lined up to ride in a Porsche Cayenne. I've been online to a couple of websites about tv commercials and have even been to a couple of chatrooms where some folks are also trying to find the song's title, but so far, no luck. If anyone knows the answer or can help track down the info, please email me. Thanks.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you sing a few bars?

6:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you ever find out the name of the song ? I have also trying for a long time, but I haven't found the name yet. It reminds me of a song by an british pop band from the early 60's, but I can't remember the name of that song either.

12:07 PM  
Blogger Joe Larkins said...

Nope, I never did. I agree, it makes me think of a British pop band but I haven't been able to go much further than that. I've also thought that it might be based on the song "You Belong To Me" which was last heard in the orginal Shrek movie.
Regards

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have found the song you're looking for.

It's titled "Instrumental" by Bjorn Olsson

You can click on the link to the left with the song title to listen to a large majority of the song:
http://cdbaby.com/cd/bjornolsson3
(as well as buy his whole CD)

You can also watch the commercial here:
http://www.agoraphone.com/prerecorded/porschepony_prclip.html

Enjoy!

7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad the song was identified, because I've be seeking it for a long time. However, I think Bjorn Olssen liberally borrowed the melody from a song written by John Lennon entitled "Bad to Me"

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home