Thursday, March 23, 2006

Entertainment This Morning and now I know why my roof is leaking

I ran across a discussion in the Watercooler section of Shoptalk www.tvspy.com
that was suggesting that Mary Hart of Entertainment Tonight is being considered to replace Katie Couric on the Today show. The information is coming from Wikipedia so I'm not sure how valid it is, but some interesting comments were posted. Some people are up in arms about this but it wouldn't be the first time a non-news person has been put on a national morning show. David Hartman was on GMA for years and Phyllis George (Brown) was on the CBS morning show for a while. Bryant Gumbal came from sports to do the Today show. All of this speculation could be for naught. NBC may end up paying Katie 20 million a year or more just to keep her in place so their cash cow (the show, not Katie) can keep that morning show and network strong.
On a completely different note, work began Wednesday on putting a new roof on stately Larksmith Manor in Midtown. During his noon break, the guy actually doing the work told me he had something for me. He dug into his pocket and pulled out what looked like a .38 caliber slug. He said he found it imbedded in the shingles toward the peak of the roof. I found what looked like a bullet hole in the roof more than ten years ago when I built out the attic. I also found a deformed small caliber slug (probably about a .32 or .38 caliber) on the sidewalk one year while doing yardwork. Will the roofers find more bullets in my roof? Probably if they're looking for them. Is someone using my roof as target practice? Probably not. I know during New Years celebrations and sometimes around July 4th, we've heard gunshots fired. (Yes, a person can tell the difference between gunshots and fireworks.) I think someone just shot in the air and our house just happened to be where the bullets came down.
Am I worried? No I'm not. It's just part of the fun of living in Midtown.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's why the Captain and I now live in East Memphis. Seriously, Joe, I'm really enjoying your blog. I look forward to checking it every morning.

6:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just keep your head down, brother.

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home