Thursday, November 16, 2006

Joe, Where Did You Go With That Blog in Your Hand!

Great Jumping Jehosaphat!
Boy, did I ever learn a lesson. I was preparing to post Tuesday night and was all set to go when I decided to go ahead and upgrade to the Beta version of Blogger. My blog disappeared along with no way to sign on or retrieve anything. It's taken me this long to get that resolved. It was a lot like hitting my thumb with a hammer. I learned a big lesson and won't be doing that again. My lovely and talented bride will tell you my mood has improved tremendously.
My good friend Jamey Tucker tells me a few folks were asking about me and it's nice to know someone actually cares.
It feels good to be back in the saddle. A new post should be coming your way soon.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whew, Joe! I had thought you shut your blog down! Am very glad to see that was not true, and that things are back up and running.

I'm sure you've heard the news by now, Clear Channel is getting out of the TV business, so now 2 more Memphis stations are up on the block. Lots of radio cuts as well, though they are not planning to sell any of their Memphis stations as of yet. Not to mention CC is being bought out themselves by private investors, huge deal there as well.

1:44 PM  
Blogger Joe Larkins said...

I've been wanting to blog on that since I first heard the news. It's my next post.
Regards,
Joe

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We worried that you had contracted the dreaded "Foot-in-Mouth-Disease", and somehow had made someone mad.

Glad it was just a simple glich!!

John is right, except it is three statiosn (counting the Jackson TN FOX-16 station).

I am somewhat surprised at the sell-off, since Radio has tanked profits and ratings in the last couple of years.

If NYT and Chi Trib don't have buyers signed, this may muddy the selling water and cut the sale value price. I can hear the hard sell now: "OK buy NC3 on the river, and we will throw in a "west-ark" and a north alabama station".

You will be asked about!! You are now a bell-weather blog read by many!

2:26 PM  
Blogger Joe Larkins said...

I know I have both a big foot and a big mouth but so far no threats although I know a couple of chapped rear-ends out there.
I agree with you on muddying the waters. Check out my latest post.
Thanks for sticking around to see if I came back.
Regards,
Joe

2:49 PM  
Blogger Joe Larkins said...

Bishop, you're a man after my own heart. Thanks for your vote of confidence and support.
Regards,
Joe

3:44 PM  
Blogger autoegocrat said...

Joe, I thought you had quit blogging. Glad to see that you haven't.

4:44 AM  
Blogger Joe Larkins said...

"Reports of my demise were greatly exaggerated."
Just a SNAFU in the blogging wheel. I promise to at least give a heads-up when I'm planning to go.
Regards,
Joe

4:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home