Monday, December 26, 2005

Does anyone want to come out and play?

The New Year is almost upon and some big changes are underway already for some of the local operations. I predict we'll see some changes in the way some of the Memphis area TV newsrooms operate as well. I'm thinking about trying something that may or may not work. I know there's a lot of inside information floating around out there from people who work in these newsrooms, but some if not most have been told not to share. I'm talking about someone getting ready to be promoted or leave. that kind of stuff. Some don't want to post something because that might reveal that person's identity and put his or her job in jeopardy. Nothing is worth losing a job over. So, I'm entertaining the idea of letting my website become a clearinghouse for such information. I've got an email address joelarkins1@yahoo.com
and if you have some information you'd like to share but don't want to post it directly to this blogspot, then just email it to me. If you want me to know your name that's fine. If you don't, that's fine too. I won't reveal sources since I don't want anyone to lose a job or catch some heat at work. I'm not sure if there will be any contributions at all and this might be one of those things that might have seemed like a good idea but really wasn't. So, I'm planning to run this up the flagpole to see if anyone salutes. If not, then nothing ventured, nothing gained. If it works out, who knows what will develop. Let the emails begin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home