Sunday, February 19, 2006

The Weather folks are two for two and I didn't win the Powerball lottery again.

The luck of the Irish hasn't been with me this weekend. First, I really wanted the weather folks to be wrong about the winter storm in Memphis and the MidSouth over the weekend. My reason was not so I could rag on them. I wished they hadn't been right merely because it kept me from getting outside to travel. But they nailed it and I tip my hat to those who sold it as it was and didn't over-hype it. You know what I'm talking about. Those who would try to scare the bejeezus out of the good folks here in the MidSouth. It was winter storm, plain and simple. It could have been a lot worse.
That's all I have to say about that.
I will admit I bought one lottery ticket over the weekend. One dollar is all I spent. This after reading not too long ago that when the stakes get as high as they did, buying more than one chance really doesn't improve your odds if winning that much more. Some might say it's still a shot in the dark, but hey, if you don't buy at least one ticket, you have NO chance of winning. Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe, you won't believe it, but I saw you on T.V. last night. You and Jeff Woods appeared on "Nature" on WKNO. Yes, it was the infamous jumping fish video from years back. Face it, your legacy in television is that :20 video clip of you scrambling around in a boat dodging fish coming at you like missiles over Baghdad! The good news is, you're very thin and tanned in the video.

6:29 AM  
Blogger Joe Larkins said...

Thin, tan and dodging jumping fish. Yes, those were the days and you are right. I still get comments about the jumping fish when I'm out and about.

7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home