Friday, June 02, 2006

An Equal Opportunity Offender

I've said it before and I will say it again that there is not much of what I consider "Must See TV". Still, there are some shows I TIVO on a regular basis and I have found myself hooked on one in particular. It's Mind of Mencia with Carlos Mencia on the Comedy Channel. It comes on no earlier than 9pm. If you have children, I will tell you now, this is not for you. If you can't laugh at yourself, this is not for you. If you are easily offended, this is not for you.
Carlos Mencia is an equal opportunity offender. His motto: You think it, I say it. He puts me in mind of Richard Pryor and George Carlin in the way he looks at everyday situations and points out the obvious. He generally stays away from politics although he will wade into it on occasion. No group is spared from his observations. I think part of the reason I find him so funny is that he is about as UN-politically correct as you can get. Because he spares no one, he can skewer everybody and he does. I find myself laughing so hard I have to stop the TIVO so I don't miss anything.
Shifting gears, I noticed in recent weeks that I've started receiving a lot of spam with an odd twist. Most of it is gibberish and looks like it's from the Orient, at least with the names connected to it. I only receive it on my Yahoo account and no where else. Has anyone else seen anything like this or know why there seems to be a sudden plethera of it?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a regular Mencia viewer, I have to agree with you Joe. Also, I've always been able to laugh at you. And I feel pretty good about that.

3:44 PM  
Blogger Joe Larkins said...

Hey Snoop Dougie Doug,
As always, good to hear from you and when I grow up I STILL want to be just like you.
Regards,
Joe

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home